Thursday 22 August 2013

Crushed chillies


I do love spotting a 10p bargain!  When I saw some Bird's Eye chillies reduced I snapped them up.  Each wee pack had 11 so that it cost 30p for 33 chillies.


I sliced them longways and spread them out on kitchen paper.  They sat on my conservatory window for a week.  They were dry but didn't crumble between my fingers.


So I spread them on a baking tray and popped them in the bottom of the oven as it was cooling down after baking potatoes.


A quick pound with my mortar and pestle.


And then they went into a wee jar (recycled from a previous 10p bargain marinade)


They're a wee bit redder than the Schwartz ones but boy do they pack a punch!  A little goes a long way :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. Suggestions, feedback, requests all welcome :-)